"A rare, build-it-yourself telepresence robot!"
Interested in not only using a telepresence robot but also building one? The Ubbo telepresence robot will satisfy those desires. The Ubbo Maker is sent to you as a kit, along with instructions, in the event they are needed.
Do you want the Ubbo all ready for use? You can purchase the pre-assembled version for an additional $750 (before shipping costs).
The Ubbo Maker is manufactured by AXYN Robotique, in France, and can be used to help with many tasks and in many different scenarios. Even more so due to its being one of the only open-source telepresence robots in any market.
Once assembled, the Ubbo Maker can be helpful in the following ways:
In professional environments:
– Attend meetings remotely.
– Visit coworkers remotely.
– Allow customers to experience and interact with your office location(s).
In school environments:
– Sick or injured children or older students can still attend lectures and interact with the class.
– learn about robotic technology, computers, electronics, mechanics, and telepresence through Ubbo’s open source.
In medical and hospital environments:
– Families and friends of patients can more easily visit.
– Doctors can log in and visit patients quickly when not at the physical location.
– Experts can be consulted and have greater effect by the ability to view the room, patient, and on-site caregivers.
– Provides distant locations the ability to be patrons of your museum by letting them appreciate your works from afar, and even after hours.
– Can display additional information on pieces by accessing the internet.
What device does the remote user need?
Any device can be used to control the Ubbo as long as it can access the internet. PC users, tablet users, and smartphone users alike can use any web browser to control the Ubbo using the online interface.
What device should be attached to the Ubbo Maker?
You can attach almost any Android tablet (version 3 or above) to the Ubbo to use as its “head.” Bear in mind that the capabilities of this tablet will define how well you see and are seen, and how well you hear and are heard. AXYN Robotique, the maker of the Ubbo, have tested most tablets, and all of them work. However, they recommend Samsung tablets with screens around 10″ in size with resolution of 1280×800, Android Version 4.4 and above, wifi of 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth version 3 or 4, a 2 megapixel or higher camera, and a USB port. With Android devices, the Ubbo robot switches automatically to the best wi-fi source.
Are there any options/add-ons to the Ubbo?
The Ubbo can be customized by you, including the option to select from various colors. Additionally, you can can choose to add on an android tablet, charging dock, 3D file and diagrams, a speaker, and more. Contact us to get a personalized quote.
Docking Station: Optional ($115)
Top Speed: About 3.3′ per second (1 meter/sec.)
Auto-Docking: Coming soon.
Network Connectivity: WiFi or $G/3G Hotspot or Directly if tablet has a SIM slot.
Warranty: 2 years parts and labor, plus full technical support!
Brand: AXYN Robotique
Unique Features: Open-source, Climbs up to 10 degree inclines
Tablet Auto-Charged: Yes
Height: About 4’1″ with 10.1″ tablet, about 3’8″ without tablet.
Charge Time: 4 hours
Crash Avoidance: Yes: Obstacle Detection and Fall Sensors.
Bandwidth Required: 350 KB/s (110 upload / 150 download)
Run Time: 4 hours under full usage.
Video Resolution: Dependent Upon Device Used
Returns: Please contact us for returns. For any returns the product must be like new and in original packaging. Returns may have 25% re-stocking fee applied.
No subscription necessary.
Arrives in a kit with directions (tablet not included). Pre-assembled version available for additional $450.
Open-source telepresence robot!
Obstacle detection and fall sensors.
Accepts the following tablets: Unknown. Coming soon!